Buying a Home in East Tennessee
Finding and purchasing a home that will meet your needs is a significant and often stressful time. Our goal is to make this transition as smooth as possible. We are experts in the area, and once we learn what it is that you’re looking for, we'll take the stress out of the process for you.
Before you start looking for a home you should ask yourself a few questions:
- Where do you want to live? Are there particular neighborhoods or communities that you like?
- What kind of house would you like (need)? Are you looking for a particular style? How many bedrooms and bathrooms do you want?
- Is a home office a necessity? Do you need a bonus room or flex-room?
- Do you entertain often? Is a home suitable for entertaining something you’re looking for?
- Do you want a yard, pool, gated or guard gated community?
- Have you determined your price range or consulted a lender to determine the best price range?
Making an Offer
Before the offer to purchase is created, it is very important that you have been at least pre-qualified or better yet pre-approved by a lender.
This is one of the best negotiating tools a buyer can have. It shows the seller that you are financially able to purchase the home. Need to get Pre-Approved? Start HERE
After you have found the right home, it is time to prepare the offer.
Under Contract: Now What?
Congratulations, you are on your way to owning your very own home! Follow these steps (and the advice of your Realtors ®) so that your purcahse will go as smooth as possible.
Your first three steps:
- Deposit your Earnest/Trust Money with the holder per the contract.
- Schedule your home inspections.
- Make full loan application with your lender.
*We walk you through every step so you don't miss any deadlines.
Once you inspections are completed and repairs negotiated you will need to order the appraisal through your lender.
Closing Day! 🎉
This is the exciting day that you have worked hard for.
- The lender has reviewed and approved the apprisal.
- Your loan has been fully approved.
- You have homeowners insurance in place.
- The title company has completed the title work, prepared the closing docs and balanced final numbers with the lender.
This is where you sign your loan documents, provide your downpayment and get the keys to your new home!
Let Us Help You Find Your Dream Home!
Before the offer to purchase is created, you must be at least pre-qualified or, better yet, pre-approved by a lender, unless you are paying cash.View Community
Are you thinking about buying? The video resources below cover many of the common questions that most people have during the home buying journey.View Community